To provide the student/athlete of Dorman High School an opportunity to play the game of baseball at a high and competitive level. To teach the fundamentals, strategies and mental aspects of the game. To build and equip young men to excel intellectually, physically, socially, and spiritually while using their gifts and talents to have a positive impact in our school and community.
Develop young men as people and players through the game of baseball.
To be a unified, hardworking, class-acting, championship caliber team that is the premier 5A baseball program in the state.
Excellence is the standard. A total commitment to continually strive for excellence: on the field, in the classroom, in the weight room and in personal pursuits.
Success is the inner satisfaction and peace of mind that comes from knowing I did the very best I was capable of doing for the team each and every day.
A Cavalier is an armed horseman, daring and fearless that lives by the motto: Never surrender--
no matter the odds.
- CHARACTER- Do what is right- all the time
- ATTITUDE- Positive response to adverse situations
- VERSATILE- Able to adapt, adjust and be flexible in all conditions
- SERVICE- An act of helpful activity for someone else.
- Have fun, work hard and enjoy the journey.
- Respect for coaches, teammates, umpires and opponents.
- Put the team first. Great teammates are unselfish.
- Know your role, do your job and give your best every day.
- Be humble in victory and show good sportsmanship in defeat.
- Be coachable. Understand the coach’s decisions are to make the team better, stronger and more efficient.
- No off-the-field incidents that distract from the team. Be a good citizen.
- Be a one pitch warrior. Control what you can control.
- Bring the 4 E’s every day.
- Have a positive attitude no matter what happens.
- Embrace the power of T n’ T. Togetherness and Toughness.
- Be engaged in the classroom. Good grades = money for college.
NO EXCUSES, NO EXPLANATIONS, NO EXCEPTIONS